2016 Africa Reading Challenge
A blog I occasionally read issues a challenge every year that is simply to read five books from Africa. Since it has been ten years since I moved from Africa back to the States, I figured this would be a good time to finally take on this challenge. I will likely be writing up shor reviews of these on my LibraryThing page. My current list includes:
- Tram 83 by Fiston Mwanza Mujila (LT page)
- The Fishermen by Chigozie Obioma (LT page)
- Waiting for the Barbarians by J.M. Coetzee (Really liked everything I have read by him, not sure why I have never read this one. LT page)
- Wizard of the Crow by Ngugi wa’Thiong’o (Second book set in a fictional country, perhaps a subtheme for the year? LT page)
- The Second Coming of Mavala Shikongo by Peter Orner (Okay, not an African writer but it is set where I used to live so I think well worth bending the rules a bit for. LT page
Looking forward to this challenge and you should join in if you feel so inclined.